- Associate Professor in Computer Science (1994)
- University of Texas, El Paso, TX
- B.S. in Computer Science (1979)
- Université de Montréal, Montréal, Canada
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (1986)
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Honors, Awards, and Professional Service
- Member: ACM, SIGACT, EATCS
Areas of Interest
- Information theory, Kolmogorov complexity, computational
complexity, computer security
Summary of Research
- I am interested in recasting the study of information theory in a
resource bounded framework, and in general, any application of
information theory to computer science.
More recently, I am interested in computer security, in particular,
protection of privacy in databases and cryptographic protocols.
- Computer Science Department, University of Texas at El Paso,
El Paso, TX 79968.
- e-mail: longpre at utep... (all our e-mail utep.edu)
- Telephone (office) 915-747-6804